Global Emailing News Creators and Politicians
We’d like you to join us and take part in a global emailing campaign to news creators and politicians, calling on both of these powerful influential groups to properly represent the compassion for others and the craving for peaceful coexistence and peaceful conflict-resolution the world public shares, instead of taking the approach that ‘war is inevitable, even virtuous’ favoured by powerful interest groups who profit from it.
We don’t expect a corrupt system that’s been going on for many millennia to suddenly cave in because of some emails, but please join us in speaking out to open up this rotten core, against the ‘normalisation’ of mass killing. In our small world peace is an option.
War is Not ‘normal’. War is Obscene, War is Insanity, War is a Racket.
Please Read and and Send the long message shown just below in Green by Clicking the Country Links underneath it and then adding your name. You may want to add extra recipients of your choice, eg your own MP or other public figures that you think would support this or should be informed.
We’d also really like you to Please Please Share our website – www.step-back.org – with as many family members, friends & contacts as you can, any way you want – emailing, facebook, instagram, twitter, text message … – real chat over coffee even! The more people you can reach the more impact we can all have to move forwards together to a world beyond war.
I am writing to ask for your support in our global campaign to end the ‘normalisation’ of war in politics and media.
As conflicts and the disastrous consequences of ‘interventions’ rage on in several countries, people across the world urgently need to come out of our shells and work together against endless war being presented as ‘necessary’.
We need citizens, politicians and media workers to speak out strongly, clearly and together in favour of an urgent and permanent return to peaceful negotiations for conflict-resolution, particularly with the US president now tweeting constant swaggering threats of war escalation, including the use of nuclear weapons..
War must urgently become a relic of the past, a disastrous powerful-interest-driven mutation in our history that we manage to leave behind us, if humankind is to survive and progress. As long as war is judged and broadcast to be ‘acceptable’, as long as the vast fortunes from geopolitical warmongering rule our politics and inevitably colour our media, humankind will remain enslaved to war and impending nuclear apocalypse.
Politics and War ‘Normalisation’:
- Dodgy dossiers and cherry-picked snippets of intelligence that are spread and believed just long enough to serve their purpose as pretexts for regime change attacks
- Obliterating the line between supporting democratic reform movements in other countries and arming terrorists to fight as proxy forces against non-compliant states for self-serving goals
- Allowing the lucrative financial goals of major corporations, including arms and energy, to go before people’s lives, or the truth
- Remaining ideologically tied to a nationalist militarist outlook that helps to maintain the status quo of the domestic hierarchy
- Staying tightly closed-minded to peaceful solutions to conflict which interfere with elite-profiteering and power consolidation linked to all the above
News Media and War ‘Normalisation’:
- Taking political justifications for committing mass-murder ‘on humanitarian grounds’ without challenging, and then parroting as ‘fact’
- Failing to represent the level of common people’s revulsion towards the violent barbarism our governments sanction
- Towing the official line by ‘cheering’ the allotted allies and ‘booing’ the official enemy by using only suitably biased sources and ‘experts’
- Failing in a conflict situation to take a broader less militarist less subjective view expressing the goal of armistice and saving all life, instead of ‘victory’
- Failing completely to join any dots and shine any light on the shady links between the arms trade and politics
- Failing to represent the great sense of unity people in the main feel for all other humans, especially in a conflict situation, and instead varying the compassionate element to reports depending if dealing with official ‘good guys’ or ‘bad guys’
We need the overwhelming public desire for peaceful coexistence and conflict resolution to have its rightful place at the heart of international politics and reporting on international conflicts, replacing the current constant implication that war is ‘normal’. And we need this change to happen Urgently before fingers reach for increasingly discussed red buttons.
As a politician, media worker, or someone with a public voice, we call on you to please take this message to your own heart and let it influence your work; and to share it widely with colleagues via the step-back.org website.
Above all, we call on you to try to express the urgent need for a change, for distance between powerful interest groups and the political and media world, to your seniors. Please try to find the strength to hold them to account, or denounce them publicly, if they continue to ‘normalise’ war and fail to represent the critical need for compassionate peaceful resolution of conflicts.
Click on your location to email this message in your area. Add more journalist / political / public figure recipients that you think will have a receptive ear. We’re building up more contacts as we go, so if your country isn’t listed and you know who would be worth including please let us know 🙂 Apart from this, please also share the website www.step-back.org to as many contacts as possible.
Get online and comment on news articles
Some online news articles are followed by comment sections. If you see biased reporting ‘normalising’ news or presenting a biased angle, do the readers a favour and point out the inconsistencies, the scaremongering, the framing of the facts. Link to this site, articles on here and elsewhere on the web. Challenge the false official narrative that corporate-state media is in thrall to.